Since CoolSculpting first got its FDA approval for the reduction of fat on the sides and stomach in 2010 and 2012, it has rapidly become one of the most popular options for fat reduction. This amazing advancement in fat reduction was actually “born” when Harvard researchers observed children eating popsicles and noticed that the children who ate them frequently got dimples in their cheeks where the frozen treats had frozen pockets of fats cells and left adorable dimples in its place. The idea that cold can target fat cells without damaging the surrounding skin or tissue was truly revolutionary and the inspiration for CoolSculpting, also know as cryolipolysis.
So Why Is CoolSculpting So Popular?
1. This procedure does not require surgery and has no downtime. CoolSculpting is a non-surgical way to reduce unwanted fat. People no longer need to resort to invasive surgeries with long recovery times to get the look they desire because this unique technology actually freezes and crystallizes fat cells which are then flushed away over time by the body’s own metabolic processes. The treatments take less than one hour per area being treated, so patients can have the treatment after work on one day and return to work the next. And because the treatments are non-invasive, many patients bring books to read, stream movies, listen to music, or just relax during the treatments.
2. CoolSculpting is effective for many of the areas where stubborn fat collects. Although the first CoolSculpting machines were approved to treat fat on patients’ sides, the CoolSculpting devices were quickly modified to be the size and shape necessary to target the abdomen, thighs, chin, back fat, upper arm fat, and the bulges under the bra and buttocks areas. With devices to treat so many areas of visible, stubborn fat, it is no wonder that CoolSculpting’s popularity is growing every single year.
3. The treatments are fast. The average treatment time for CoolSculpting is 35 to -60 minutes per area being treated. Dr. Langdon has upgraded his CoolSculpting hardware to the latest design, which enables the fastest possible treatments. Tummy tucks and liposuction certainly cannot boast the same quick treatments.
CoolSculpting Consultations Available
4. The procedure involves minimal discomfort. During a typical treatment, a technician places a gel pad over the area to be treated to act as a barrier between your body and the CoolSculpting device. Next, the device is cooled to its appropriate temperature and placed on the gel pad. The fat underneath the pad freezes (the chilled fat layer actually becomes hard to the touch), but the skin is not harmed because it freezes at a much lower temperature than the fat cells. Some patients have reported redness, slight tenderness, and swelling at the treatment site, but this is completely normal and disappears within two weeks or less.
5. Results are permanent because the fat tissue that disappears is unable to replace itself. Patients can begin to see results in as little as four weeks after their first treatment as their bodies naturally flush away the unwanted fat cells. Patients may need two or three treatments depending on their desired results, but once fat cells are flushed from the body, the treatment areas may look 20 to 25% smaller and those fat cells will not come back. Patients are strongly encouraged to follow a healthy eating and exercise plan both before and after their CoolSculpting treatments because although the frozen fat cells will not come back, fat cells that remain can grow in size as a result of unhealthy eating habits.
An absolutely wonderful experience! All of the staff are very helpful and professional. Dr. Langdon is highly skilled and provides a safe and totally comfortable atmosphere. I certainly would recommend Langdon Centre with total confidence! Dr Langdon is a highly skilled plastic surgeon; I am sure satisfied beyond my expectations!
Take The Next Step
There are so many reasons why CoolSculpting is quickly gaining popularity. You may be wondering if this treatment is right for you. The very best way to find out is to schedule a complimentary consultation with Board Certified Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr. Robert Langdon, at The Langdon Center for Laser and Cosmetic Surgery. We would love to sit down with you to discuss your goals and to create an individualized treatment plan for your CoolSculpting journey.
Please fill out the form on this page or call The Langdon Center at (203) 745-0340. The Langdon Center serves patients in the Guilford & New Haven, CT areas.