Having realistic expectations about what can be achieved with cosmetic surgery (even minor procedures) is integral to your own happiness and satisfaction post-procedure or post-treatment. It is important to remember that in most cases the goal should be to enhance your natural beauty through improvement, not perfection.
When Planning Your Cosmetic Surgery, remember:
- Be clear about your goals with yourself and your surgeon.
- Perfect symmetry does not exist.
- Many procedures will result in some scarring.
- A good cosmetic surgeon won’t promise you results that are not possible to achieve
- Do not seek cosmetic surgery as a solution to emotional, personal or relationship problems. (Example: “My husband/wife will leave me if I don’t improve XYZ.”)
- Seek an experienced cosmetic surgeon who has references and excellent patient before-and-after photos of the procedure you are considering.